Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

Nature Photography: Inside and Outside

As I am a great believer in using my own imagery in my artwork, I decided that the best step to take was to go out (or stay in) and take some primary source photography of nature. I feel going out and taking my own photographs meets the brief to be innovative as no picture is ever the same, so proves to be an ideal starting point for the commission. Since I already had a few flowers inside, I took some close-up images of those, even taking some of the flower heads and leaves off to photograph them individually or photograph them in various compositions. This worked well and I especially thought that the individually photographed nature was effective as I was able to capture more detail and the colour was vibrant. 

Primary Source Photography:








Venturing outside into the playground of nature allowed me to experience the natural world at its best. Through the shivers in the cold, I managed to take some interesting photographs, though many turned out blurred. I focused on looking at patterns and textures in nature, trying to find any striking imagery. As it is not the best time of year to capture nature, the Winter climate only allowed for quite dull images. The most interesting thing I found were a bunch of mushrooms at the base of a tree.

Overall, I enjoyed taking my own primary source imagery. Now, I will filter through the images to decide on which would be best to re-invent in my own style.



No comments:

Post a Comment